BAXI® Boilers age
How to determine the date of production/manufacture or age of BAXI® brand boiler systems.
The industry average service design life for most forced air furnaces is 15-20 years, and the industry average service design life for most air conditioning condensing units is 10-15 years. The average service design life of boilers can vary from as little as 10 years to as many as 50 years depending on the type and quality of materials used in their manufacture. Routine upkeep/maintenance, regional weather/climate, and location/placement of the mechanical systems will all play critical roles in the longevity of these systems.
Parent Company: BDR Thermea Group
Subsidiaries or other related brands: BAXI | Andrews Water Heaters | SenerTec | HEATRAESADIA | OERTLI | Potterton | HITECSA | Brötje |Chappée | Baymak | Remeha | De Dietrich
Example serial number styles/formats found:
- Style 1: XYZ150603772AP
Legend: Year is RED; Month is GREEN; Week is BLUE
Style 1: XYZ150603772AP
Year of manufacture can be determined by using the 4th & 5th positions of the serial number
Week of manufacture can be determined by using the 6th & 7th positions of the serial number
The model and serial numbers are typically found on or inside the drop down control panel on the front of the unit.
This style has been used on units manufactured after 2003
- 1866 - Company founded in the UK by Richard Baxendale
- 1955 - Company has become a household name for heating systems in the UK.
- 1999 - Baxi acquired the heating divisions of Blue Circle and Ocean Idroclima
- 2000 - Baxi introduced the first high-efficiency combination heating and domestic hot water boilers to North America
- 2010 - Baxi merged with De Dietrich and Remeha to form BDR Thermea - headquarters in Apeldoorn, the Netherlands
- 2016 - Baxi celebrated its 150th Anniversary
- 2018 - Baxi North America began operations as part of BDR Thermea Group, serving the U.S. and Canadian markets
¹Excerpts from https://www.baxiboilers.com/about-us