Haier® HVAC age
How to determine the date of production/manufacture or age of Haier® brand HVAC Systems.
The industry average service design life for most forced air furnaces is 15-20 years, and the industry average service design life for most air conditioning condensing units is 10-15 years. The average service design life of boilers can vary from as little as 10 years to as many as 50 years depending on the type and quality of materials used in their manufacture. Routine upkeep/maintenance, regional weather/climate, and location/placement of the mechanical systems will all play critical roles in the longevity of these systems.
Parent Company: Haier Smart Home
Subsidiaries or other related brands: Small appliance brands including GE Profile, Haier, Hotpoint, Cafe, Monogram
Example serial number styles/formats found:
- Style 1: AM001358B
- Style 2: AA5YW0E0200NK74W0009
- Style 3: C1208A320E
Legend: Year is RED; Month is GREEN; Day is BLUE
Style 1: AM001358B
This style uses 8 -or- 9 characters in the serial number which always begins with 2 letters
Year of manufacture can be determined by using the 2nd position (letter) of the serial number
Month of manufacture can be determined by using the 1st position (letter) of the serial number
See Chart below:
Style 2: AA5YW0E0200NK74W0009
This style uses 18 - 20 characters in the serial number
Year of manufacture can be determined by using the 14th position of the serial number
Month of manufacture can be determined by using the 15th position of the serial number
Day of manufacture can be determined by using the 16th position of the serial number
NOTE: The manufacture date is often (but not always) included on the data plate.
See Charts below:
Style 3: C1208A320E
This style uses 10 -or- 11 characters in the serial number
Year of manufacture can be determined by using the 2nd & 3rd positions (numbers) of the serial number
Month of manufacture can be determined by using the 4th & 5th positions (numbers) of the serial number
- 1984 - Qingdao General Refrigerator General Factory established
- 1985 - Zhang Ruimin inspected the warehouse and found 76 refrigerators that did not meet quality standards. In a display in front of the employees and the public, he smashed them with a sledge hammer. This has become a historical business topic of discussion, and the sledge hammer remains on display as a reminder of commitment to quality.
- 1993 - Company renamed Qingdao Haier Refrigerator Co., Ltd. and later listed on the Shanghai Stock Exchange
- 2000 - Haier Group E-Commerce Co., Ltd. was established
- 2001 - Qingdao Haier Air Conditioning Co., Ltd. renamed "Qingdao Haier Co. Ltd"
- 2016 - The company completes the acquisition of GE household appliances business and assets, and further expanded its global business space
- 2019 - Qingdao Haier officially changed its name into “Haier Smart Home”
- 2020 - Haier Smart Home completed privatization of Haier Electronics and achieved initial listing in Hong Kong Stock Market
¹Excerpts from various industry sources.